This side dish is made a lot at our house. I don't even know if it should be called a side dish, since we like to pile the asparagus up high on our plates.
Side dish or not, it is delicious! The pictures are from Easter (see the marinating lamb chops next to the asparagus?). I always forget to take a picture of this yummy dish, but glad I remembered to that day.
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan and Bacon
-Asparagus (1-2 1/2 bunches). Washed and trimmed/cut. You can also snap them. They will break where the stalk is tough.
- shredded Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 8-10 strips of cooked bacon, chopped (or a whole package - which is what we did the day of the pictures)
-Extra virgin olive oil
01. Line cookie sheet with foil (for easy clean up). Heat oven to 425.
02. Spread asparagus evenly on cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and sprinkle a few pinches of sea salt over the asparagus. Using your hands, toss the asparagus lightly, evenly coating each stalk with olive oil and salt.
03. Spread back out asparagus, making sure there isn't a lot of overlay. Sprinkle a generous amount of paremesan-reggiano and bacon over asparagus.
04. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. Once cooked, I like to put the asparagus onto a platter, making sure to also get the bacon bits and cheese from the foil to add back on top.
05. Serve quickly, while still warm. It's a very versatile dish that goes with almost everything or enjoyed by itself. I like to squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the top as well.